Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Coupon Savings

The last time I went to the commissary was over a month and a half ago and as you can imagine we were running out of everything from coffee creamer to shampoo to bread to body wash.  Last night was all about getting my list made & printed, researching the best deals on the internet, organizing all of my coupons and making sure I was ready to go in the morning.

We arrived at the commissary at 9am and left at 1130am.  We took our time because we needed a lot more things this shopping trip and there were a lot of items that were on sale.  With our cart fully loaded, we headed to the register.  The two guys that were packing up our groceries were watching intensely at how many coupons I redeemed and how much savings I was racking up.  When all was said and done, I had redeemed 96 manufacturer coupons, saved $89.15 or 21% of my grocery bill.  I had a coupon for one free item, a few coupons for buy one get one free, many high dollar coupons and a few regular manufacturer coupons.  This is my new top savings in the redemption of strictly manufacturer coupons in conjunction with items that were on sale.

This is by no means an extreme couponing story because we still spent a good amount of money for our groceries this month.

The great sales and the great savings is how the commissary saves our military family so much money throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment