Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family Fun Day

Today was a scorcher of a day, 97+ degrees, however we decided to make it a family fun day.  We decided to redeem a groupon we had previously purchased online.  When we redeemed our groupon, they gave us four coupons for four tokens to redeem for four baskets of balls, four coupons for four tokens to redeem for four turns at the batting cages and another four coupons for four plays of miniature golf.  The groupon says all needs to be redeemed on the same day, however when we got there the coupons they gave us did not expire until April 2011.  

We went to Arundel Golf Park in Glen Burnie, MD and had a great time together at the driving range, at the batting cages and at the miniature golf.  We took pictures and enjoyed the day together.  This was our first experience doing these things together and it turned out to be a lot of fun...yes, even in scorching hot weather.

When we were at the driving range, all the golf lessons I had when I was little came rushing back to me.  I did pretty good.  My husband taught our youngest how to hit the balls and my husband hit some really far himself.  Our oldest had learned golf from a friend's husband a few years ago and the lessons came back to him.

At the batting cages, we had a little trouble with the softball machine but after it got started back up, all was ok.  I had never been to batting cages before.  It took awhile to get used to but it was a lot of fun!  Our youngest got hit on his finger from the softball so he was in too much pain to continue hitting his softballs.  Our oldest, my husband and I had a blast doing it.

Miniature golf was a little tricky on some of the courses.  At the end of the round, my husband won, our oldest came in second and our youngest and myself tied for last place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment