Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Great Contact Lens Deal

At my last eye exam, the doctor told me that my prescription had changed since my last eye exam.  I knew I needed new contacts but I was not willing to pay the $65/box price tag at Anchor Eye Care located at the Annapolis Navy Exchange.  Today, I had a heck of a time trying to get my right contact in.  After several tries, I noticed that the right contact had a rip in it which did not make me happy one bit.  Luckily we were not planning on going out today.  


I created a spreadsheet so that I could do my research and compare prices online, look for coupons, see what kinds of rebates were being offered and to see what kind of cash back I could find.  After much price comparisons today, I decided that the best deal I could get was the following.


I decided to go with visiondirect.com.  Here are the details of the deal I just got.  

I use Ciba Vision Focus Night & Day (now called Ciba Vision Air Optix Night & Day).


I purchased 2 boxes for the right eye and 2 boxes for the left eye (different prescriptions) totaling 4 boxes.

$49.99/box x 4 boxes = $199.96 - $46.39(20% online coupon + free shipping:20NEW) = $153.57 - $40 Mail-In-Rebate (MIR) = $113.57 - $10.75 (7% Shop at Home cash back online rebate) = $102.85/4 boxes or $25.71 box with free shipping.  


This is the best deal I could find for a years worth of contacts.  


Notes: 

1 box has 6 pairs of lenses.

20% off plus free shipping coupon valid until August 31, 2010.  

$40 Ciba MIR on 4 box purchase valid until December 31, 2010.  

Shop at Home 7% cash back, go here to join Shop at Home now.



No comments:

Post a Comment