1. Heavily Advertise your yard sale (i.e. Pennysaver, Craigslist, local newspaper, signs in your neighborhood a few days before, etc...) which will mean heavier foot traffic.
2. When having a multi family yard sale, use different color stickers to price your items. Remove stickers from all sold items and place in a book. At the end of the yard sale tally the different color stickers up which makes it easier to split up the money.
3. Make sure you have some bags on hand in case people buy more then one item.
4. Have your kids sit out and help sell their items.
5. It's ok to sell other things like bottled water, baked goodies, etc...
6. Price all your items before the day of the yard sale.
7. Go early to set up.
8. Bring tables, mats, blankets, hanging racks, chairs and such that you will set your items on or sit out on.
9. Have everything set up before the start of your yard sale.
10. Most of all have fun and make money on stuff you do not use anymore.
11. Make sure you have enough change on hand.
Do you have any other helpful tips for a successful yard sale? If so, I would love to hear them.